domenica 1 luglio 2007



Venetian, grown in photography in Milan, as a press photographer in Milan’historic photo agencies, a period of Rolleiflex and Ilford HP4 film, correspondent in Rome those times when Secchiaroli and Pierluigi were, Paris when Audrey Hepburn and William Holden starring in “Paris When It Sizzles”, London, the first Italian photographer shooting The Beatles…
Then? The world in color much nicer than now: Venice, New York, Sidney, Rio, Bombay, Istanbul, L.A., Nairobi, Hong Kong, Tokyo…out of that part that I never photographed…the largest part.
…and Latin American people in black and white, and the masses and the lines of a rose, a boat, the perspiration drops where I mirrored in on the face of a young worker…photographs in black and white, visual emotions, sculptures of mine…
Now? Digital files, pixels…Sgarbi, Prodi, Piano, Fassino, Fini and Berlusconi, Bertinotti and Ferilli…and ahead…more…and more…stoooop…take breath…and abandon yourself to thoughts, to imagination…
Wishes?…back to visual sculptures of black and white…but is gone…no return…and more digit files and pixels…
My work? Photography?..no, is my soul…right is my wife when I tell her “I love you!…answer…”after photography”…the truth is that I love too much that marvel of Creation represented by women generally, and…thanks God there is the camera that distract me too much from that for the time who takes me and all the rest of photography (let’s call it to give it an important tone “photographic elaboration”).
And still I am with my wife that even in difficult moments she has always incited me never to leave her…Who? She?….
..no..PHOTOGRAPHY…. >

1 commento:

S-V-H ha detto...

Hi Gino,
Congratulations!!! This a great blog with all your fantastic and famous works in photography! I LOVE it!!! Your biggest fan in USA, Susanne